Emergency Number: +973 1724 6888 | Call Center Number: 8000 1090
Department: Pulmonology & Sleep Medicine
Consultant Part time - Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine
Dr. SuhailaEbrahim has done Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Medical Sciences 1998 Arabian Gulf University, Bahrain and has completed M.D. (Medicine) June 2000 from Arabian Gulf University, Bahrain. She is the member of Arab Board Internal Medicine and has done MRCP from UK in November 2005. She is a member of Saudi Board of Pulmonary Medicine since February 2008, Riyadh-Saudi Arabia and has Clinical Fellowship in Sleep Medicine March 2009, University of Toronto, Canada.
Her area of specialization includes:
- Performing overnight polysomnography for both the diagnostic and therapeutic sleep studies.
- Performing multiple sleep latency test and maintenance of wakefulness tests
- Scoring sleep studies and full interpretation of all above mentioned studies
- Managing different modes of noninvasive ventilation devices.
- Managing the different aspects of sleep disordered breathing including obstructive, central, complex sleep apneas and hypoventilation syndromes.
- Managing non-respiratory sleep disorders including insomnias, parasomnias, movements disorders.
- Rotations in psychiatry, neurology and pediatric sleep medicine.
- Participation in the academic activity including the Ontario Province Sleep Medicine Grand Round.
- Teaching medical students, residents and sleep technicians.
- Performing and interpreting the pulmonary physiology tests
- Managing acute and chronic pulmonary diseases, common and uncommon diseases including interstitial lung disease, pulmonary hypertension, lung transplantation
- Training in the appropriate aspects of critical care including invasive and non-invasive ventilation
- Skills in performing pulmonary procedures (bronchoscopy, pleural biopsy, Wang needle transbronchial biopsy)
- Participation in the research activity
- Participation in the academic activity including the monthly Riyadh chest club, and the research day at KFSHRC.
- Teaching medical students and residents